This historic place was built in 1899 by order of the well-known businessman José Menendez. It has been restored to its former glory by the City Hall of Punta Arenas, including the boxes and balconies. This was possible thanks to the resources of the National Fund for Regional Development, with an investment of $ 3,360 million for the structure and another $ 300 million for the acquisition of modern lighting and sound systems. A variety of domestic, regional and foreign musical shows are offers in this theater for both, residents and visitors of the area.